Julia Wermuth has always been the Make-up girl in my mind, but this year she has pleasantly surprised me, and I’ve been very excited to work with her on acting her senior year. She is the so talented in everything she does, make-up, acting, music, Forensics! Here she is!
1. What inspired your journey into the Arts?
I’ve always been the band kid…and still am the band kid…yes, that annoying band kid…and I was in my church choir and Milwaukee Children’s Choir among other things, so I’ve always mainly been involved in the music portion of the arts. I didn’t decide to really venture into the crazy world of the dramatic arts until this year. Forensics, performing funny skits with my cousins as a child, and watching the awesome creations of the students in Homestead drama really inspired me to go for it this year.
2. Who is your Character and how have you created that personality? What has been the biggest challenge you have come across in your character so far?
My character is Marjorie Baverstock. She’s a producer, obsessed with herself, and nearly everyone hates her mean and catty attitude. I have had no trouble portraying Marjorie Baverstock. I am Marjorie Baverstock.
3. What are your funniest and worst experiences performing in front of an audience?
Funniest: Singing a solo about ice cream and ham for one of my elementary school’s patriotic assemblies in fourth grade.
Worst: All of the knee bruises resulting from numerous falls off of a particularly comfy red chair.
5. What are you most proud of and what dreams or goals would you like to fulfill?
Breaking out of the safety of my backstage make-up room and going for something on the stage. Hopefully I can continue to work on acting in the future, because it really is just way too much fun.
6. What do you want to do After High School? Do you have any dreams or hopes for the Future? Do you know where you are going to school?
I will be attending Belmont University with a Music Business major. You know those songs that whenever you hear them, they remind you of a memory or a moment or someone or something? I want to be able to create something like that for someone else. I want to make music that makes people remember and laugh and relive. Being a part of that process, to create or share something like that…That’s my dream.
7. Which three famous people would you invite to dinner and why [dead celebrities included]? And what tasty treat would you prepare?
Harry Styles, The Queen of England, and a Beefeater (to keep the peace…and because they wear very stylish hats…) Just to see how British teen boy superficiality would mix with the “pinkies up” of proper British royalty. Naturally, we’d have tea and crumpets.
9. Have you read any plays lately? What are your favorite?
10. Tell us 5 interesting and unknown facts about yourself!
I love ketchup a lot.
I wish I had a British accent.
I wear bright lipstick around my house sometimes for fun.
I make a mean batch of mint brownies.
I used to be obsessed with Panic! at the Disco.