I remember first meeting Sveta last Spring and thinking “I wish her name was Svetlana, then I could sing her the song ‘Svetlana sucks lemons across from me.’” It wasn’t until this November that I discover that she name is in fact Svetlana! Oh the Joy I felt knowing I could sing that song out loud. Anyway, if you know Sveta you know she is a spaz, but a loveable spaz who can get down to business when building a set. Wayne and I didn’t know where this tiny blonde came from, but we didn’t mind that she chose to spend her time on Stage Crew.
1. What inspired you to join Stage Crew and your journey into the Arts?
My need to do something physical and work with a group of people.
2. What is your title for this show?
3. In one sentence describe your job.
Running and moving large set pieces in pitch blackness and having fun!
4. What are your funniest and worst experiences running stage in front of an audience?
Funniest: When William picked me up during rehearsals for treasure Island/ or my random spastic moments.
Worst: when the stupid house wouldn’t move and complications happened.
5. What are you most proud of and what dreams or goals would you like to fulfill?
I am most proud of my gymnastics capabilities and would like to be able to get a job that pays very well and become a millionaire in my twenties.
6. What do you want to do After High School? Do you have any dreams or hopes for the Future? Do you know where you are going to school?
I want to become an actuary. I want to travel the world and go skydiving. No idea where I want to go to college.
I would invite Julie Andrews, she just seems like so much fun and I love her confidence. I would also invite Anne Hathaway just because she is in my favorite movies and plays the relate able character. Probably steak?
8. What is your favorite genre of music? Why?
Pop or country pop. I don’t know, it just speaks to me.
9. Tell us 5 interesting and unknown facts about yourself!
I cannot play a musical instrument for my life
I have six siblings
I make model cars
I am a former gymnast
I have a passion for taking nature and floral pictures.
10. If you could change just one thing about the HHS Theatre Department with the wave of a magic wand, what would it be?
Inventions such as Dusty-Never-More or un-warp-able wood.