Ok, so honestly I don’t remember Sarah until last year when she was Miss Hannigan in Annie. For the whole run of the show I was thoroughly amused by her version of Hannigan. Then Midsummer happened and she auditioned. This girl is talented, painter, photographer, actor… what else? So here is our Freshmen in Musical Comedy Murders of 1940.
1. What inspired your journey into the Arts?
Cheryl Figg. But I’ve been preforming for my family since I was about 3.
2. Who is your Character and how have you created that personality? What has been the biggest challenge you have come across in your character so far?
My character is Nikki Crandall. I created her by:
a) watching old movies
b) using real people in my own life
c) and piecing together characteristic of other characters from other shows that work to create a new, interesting person. My biggest challenge you have come across so far for my character is not to be afraid of romance. I’m apparently terrified of it.
3. What are your funniest and worst experiences performing in front of an audience?
My funniest AND worst experience preforming was in middle school when I preformed a skit for my class and my pants fell off. It wasn’t quite funny at the time.
4. If you had a chance to work with anyone of your choosing, who would it be?
I would love to work with Matt Smith. He’s the Doctor.
5. What are you most proud of and what dreams or goals would you like to fulfill?
I am most proud of who I’ve decided to become in high school or so far in my life. I hope to be able to get over this really awkward stage I seem to be in. Short term goal. My long term goal is to become one of those really cute old ladies you see at the grocery store.
6. What do you want to do After High School? Do you have any dreams or hopes for the Future? Do you know where you are going to school?
After High School, I hope to pursue a career in graphic design. My hopes and dreams for the future change daily, so I can’t quite say. College isn’t foremost in my mind, considering I am considered an infant.
7. Which three famous people would you invite to dinner and why [dead celebrities included]? And what tasty treat would you prepare?
I would invite William Shakespeare, Jennifer Lawrence, and Lucille Ball to dinner because they all seem pretty great. We would eat sushi because I cannot ever eat enough sushi.
8. What is your favorite genre of music? Why?
I love oldies. I think I listen to nothing but oldies. From Sinatra to Led Zeppelin, I love it all.
9. Have you read any plays lately? What are your favorite?
I read Romeo and Juliet lately for the millionth time. Any play that Shakespeare wrote is a favorite.
10. Tell us 5 interesting and unknown facts about yourself!
1) I love to fish
2) I am allergic to the sun and every other thing on the earth
3) My last name is German for the month of May, which is the month I was born in.
4) I took Chinese for 2 years
5) Despite my allergies, I love the outdoors (kyaking, hiking, gardening, etc)