Nick Gray’s presence was first introduced to me his 7th grade year when he was in HHS’s production of Annie Get Your Gun. He has talent oozing from his finger tips and what proves that is that in 8th grade he started Ballet and in two years has grown into a dancer that for most takes 10 years. Look out for Nick, he will be someone you will want to know.
1. What inspired your journey into the Arts?
my mother, Jo gray! Radio, tv, film major at northwestern university in Chicago!
3. What are your funniest and worst experiences performing in front of an audience?
Ripping off Kristyn Wiencek’s bow during Brigadoon was pretty funny! This fall, I was horrified onstage when I realized someone had accidentally bumped the mute switch on my mic!!!
4. If you had a chance to work with anyone of your choosing, who would it be?
5. What are you most proud of and what dreams or goals would you like to fulfill?
I am most proud of how far I have come in my dance training in only 3 years!!! My most short-term goal is to audition for Newsies in May and hopefully be cast!!!
6. What do you want to do After High School? Do you have any dreams or hopes for the Future? Do you know where you are going to school?
After high school, I hope to go to a four year college, maybe apprentice for a ballet company! Eventually I would like to be a professional choreographer! I have been influenced by so many talented and creative choreographers, including Ms. Figg-Franzoi!!! I do not know where I will go to school!
7. Which three famous people would you invite to dinner and why [dead celebrities included]? And what tasty treat would you prepare?
Jeremy Jordan, Baryshnikov, and Aaron Tiveit! These are currently some of my major role models and idols! I would love to learn from and about them! As they are all currently very famous, they would have a lot to teach! I would probably serve spaghetti, as I know dancers eat a lot!
8. What is your favorite genre of music? Why?
Musical theatre! It is my passion!
9. Have you read any plays lately? What are your favorite?
I am in the process of reading the recent Broadway play: Peter and the Starcatchers. I adored the books and love the idea of the boy who never grows up!!!
10. Tell us 5 interesting and unknown facts about yourself!
1. My room is decorated like Hollywood!
2. My family is building an in home dance studio so I can work on technique, choreography, and hopefully teach dance!!!
3. The Wizard of Oz is my favorite movie since childhood!
4. I have a hat collection!
5. I own every script of every play I have been in at first stage and HHS!!!