Maggie was one of the kids I got the watch grown up through the after school REC program. She was always fun to watch, and interesting to see what character she would play next. In High School Maggie has grown in to a very subtle actor, she is so fun to watch, because she does the littlest thing, but it makes the whole world turn on end. I’ve seen this a lot with Ajax in Iraq where she allows the audience to see you thoughts just by her facial expressions. Come watch this girl act!
1. What inspired your journey into the Arts? Why did you get into Theatre?
I really enjoyed watching my friends in the rec. department plays, and wanted to give it a try in 6th grade. I fell in love with it immediately, and just wanted to participate in more and more. The best decision of my life was to sign up for those productions!
2. Are you performing in any current projects? Who is your Character and how have you created that personality?
In the seminar class’ Ajax in Iraq, I play Tecmessa and Soldier E. For the soldier, I guess I just try to really read into what my lines are trying to get at, and embody it. For Tecmessa, I just try to picture what it would be like to be a loving war-bride of a psychopath (Joe Schwalb…) Not a common concept to grasp..but I’m trying to get the hang of it!
3. What are your funniest and worst experiences performing in front of an audience?
Funniest: In 6th grade, on opening night of Cinderella right before “In My Own Little Corner” began, my mic box fell in between my legs, and I had to do the entire song with that just kind of dangling there.
Worst: Wearing a beard as Mordcha in Fiddler on the Roof was brutal.
4. What kind of role you want to do the most?
My dream role is Christine from Phantom of the Opera
5. Who is your role model? Why?
Taylor Swift and Anne Hathaway, because they are famous, but not for the wrong reasons like many celebrities these days.
7. What is better to perform in theater or film?
Theater. It’s in the moment, instead of getting multiple opportunities to perfect it.
8. Have you read any plays lately? What are your favorite?
Not currently, but Midsummer Night’s Dream will always be a personal favorite.
9. Which has been the best character role that you have performed?
Got to be “Silly Girl #4” in Beauty and the Beast I had no name, but the personality I got to act out was immensely fun.
10. What kind of character roles do you prefer?
I enjoy playing serious roles over comedic