It’s been fun working with Ryan, especially this trimester. He has grown so much with this current play Ajax in Iraq. His emotions and physicality has grown exponentially and the accents he uses for his different charaters is wonderful. These three years of working with him at Homestead has been fun for me, as I get to see Ryan change and grown into a person who challenges himself with his characters for each play he gets into. So, come see Ajax in Iraq to see his latest acting challenge and success.
1. What inspired your journey into the Arts? Why did you get into Theatre?
I’ve been acting my whole life as always found an appeal to the stage it seemed to always invite me with open arms.
2. What role in theatre was your most favorite: Character, stage crew job, Director? Which show was it for?
My favorite role in the Homestead productions would have to be when I played Snout in A Midsummer Nights Dream. That role was really special to me and I will never forget it.
3. If you could change just one thing about the HHS Theatre Department with the wave of a magic wand, what would it be?
If I could change one thing I would want more funding for the Department in general, Drama is a great way to have allot of fun and get to know really good people. With more funding the possibility’s could be endless.
4. What are you most proud of and what dreams or goals would you like to fulfill?
I am the most proud of my Parents for getting me involved in acting, its so much fun and they deserve endless thanks for it. My biggest goal would be to be able to be on one of the famous posters in the black box.
5. What do you want to do after High School? Do you have any dreams or hopes for the Future? Do you know where you are going to school?
After High School I’d like to major in Astronomy and see what that path has to offer. The college I would like to attend is Oshkosh, my hope is to one day discover something new and show people the wonderful universe outside our own planet.
6. Why do you think theater is important?
Theater is very important it helps you develop close friendships and gives your mind sort of a vacation, being that, your able to take yourself away from everything and become somebody new and let your imagination take off
7. Have you read any plays lately? What are your favorites?
I’ve read allot of plays in my life, but to be honest the most recent one I have read/stared to act in and really liked was Ajax in Iraq. It just has a way of showing you the struggles of war up close and personal, not just struggles from the troops but family too. Its very very cool.
8. Tell us 5 interesting and unknown facts about yourself!
OK here goes nothing
1. I love hockey its my favorite sport of all time
2. I love all things outdoors, its fun to be outside and enjoy nature.
3. I have a 30 pound cat…nothing else needs to be said.
4. I love really spicy things, i have no idea why, but I do.
5. I really love movies, any genre ill watch it.