Jessie Schoessow is a Junior who is very active in the Fine Arts Department. She is one of the nicest people in the department, smiling and welcoming to all. Singing in the choir and acting in the play, Jessie has whittled her way into the hearts of everyone at Homestead High School. So why not know a little bit more about her!?
1. What do you do for Robin Hood? What is your role? Actor, Director, Sewer, Crew? Is there something from rehearsals you can share with us?
I play the role of Riccon Hazel. I am the chief of the royal foresters. In rehearsal I learn a lot of stage fighting techniques from our fight directer Chris. So far I love the cast and can’t wait to see what this show will look like in the end.
2. How did you get into theatre? Why did you stay?
I’ve always had a love for acting and singing. It all began in 4-H, I was always in a lot of skits for our talent show. I’ve stayed because the Homestead Theatre Department is a special place that builds people up. Also we get to make a huge piece of art.
3. Are there any funny stories or memories or people from Homestead Theatre/the Fine Arts Wing that you want to tell us about?
Well I have met my best of friends in Drama Club. Like Emily Boehlke, I met her the summer before freshman year at The Hobbit Workshops. Also it turns out were related. Who knew?
4. What is your first memory of the HHS Theatre Department?
When I was little my sister was a part of the theater department. I always came to watch the musicals and plays.
5. Who has been the most important person in your life? Can you tell us about them?
My parents are very important to me. They push me to be a better person, and are always supportive of me.
6. Do you have other hobbies? Do you belong to other clubs, sports, activities?
I am very involved in a organization called 4-H. Through this program I get to show beef cattle at the fair and state fair. I am also involved in the Pommersche Tanzdeel Freistadt, it is a German dance group. We perform at Germanfest, Holiday Folk Fair, and many other culture events. I also enjoy drawing, painting, ceramics, singing, and playing ukulele.
7. Do you have any idea what you want to do for the rest of your life, or maybe just part of it?
I want to go to school to be a High School art teacher.